Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hurrah for anticipation!

Movies that come out this year that I can not wait to see:

The Princess and The Frog:

I personally love Disney. And when I say Disney, I mean Walt Disney, as in the good old movies, Lion King, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, blah blah. Disney Land. Not not NOT the Disney channel pop-a-fied Hannah Montannah-and-Jonas Brothers-filled-evilness stuff. Yes, I do think that Disney (the old stuff) is racist, but I'll talk about the Bugs-Bunny-Daffy-Duck (yes, I know they're Warner Brothers...) and other old stuff that you love while acknoweleging that there're racist and wrong. But I'll talk about that later. What was I saying?

Anyway, I was really excited when I heard this was coming out, because its like a hand-drawn bonafied DISNEY movie!! And I saw the trailer for it when I was at the movie theaters watching Up (another great movie). And it looked gooood. Yeah!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:

Harry. Potter. This summer.

Ohhhh yeah.

Public Enemies:

I am reading the book right now. It is actually a really good book, you know, not just the facts and stuff, but an actual story. It's really easy to read and get lost in, I recomend it.

But this movie is rated R, and is about gangsters, and that in my book makes it skechy. I don't have a high tolerance for blood on a TV/movie screen AT ALL, so I am probably going to wait until it is out on DVD and fast forward or pull it out if I think it is getting too, you know, too much. I can't really get images out of my brain once they're in there.


Besides that, I don't really know what is coming out this year, so this is my list so far. Hurrah for anticipation! It's half the fun.

No comments: