Monday, July 6, 2009

Dillinger, Gable, and Powell Oh My!!

I just finished watching the movie A Letter To Three Wives, and old black and white, 1949 beauty. No, but really it was a pretty good movie.

Yesterday I tried to watch the movie No Man Of Her Own, but I couldn't get through it, with all the sexual harassment and Clark Gable without any facial hair (ugh).

And before all the movies I listed yesterday, I watched Manhattan Melodrama. It was actually the movie Dillinger saw before he was shot outside of the theater. Alfred Karpis also saw it, either a couple of weeks earlier or later, I forget which. And boy, I bet those outlaws just ate it up with a spoon, all the BS they were spinning about Clark Gable being a noble man and a good friend for shooting someone, yeesh. I didn't like the movie, but it was fun to think about what Dillinger thought while watching the exact same movie.

No comments: