I just finished watching an episode of Shakespeare Retold. It is a really great TV series, from across the pond, (fanfare, please..) England! The episode I watched was Much Ado About Nothing. They say TV series, but this thing was like an hour and a half. It was really great, really well done. But Hero and Claudio had issues in the end, which is not ok, really. ANd I felt kinda bad for Don through out it all, even though he scared me more than a little. But I liked it a lot.
Funny thing is, just yesterday someone I know bought a book in a second hand bookstore. It was a copy of a book by Philip Pullman (he wrote the His Dark Materials series. Golden Compass? Yeah.), it was the second book in the Sally Lockhart series by him (a very good series, by the way. I have only read the first book, but I loved it, although it IS hard to get attached to the characters at first). This coopy of the book had the cover redone, as an advirtisment for the TV series they were going to make based off the Sally Lockhart series. And the star of the TV series? It was the same girl who stared in the Much Ado About Nothing episode of Shakespeare Retold I just watched!! A complete non-planned thing at that! Isn't that so funny? I waas just like, Oh, I think I will watch this and then I reconized the girly! How amazing!! I mean, what ARE the chances?
I liked Claudio in this one a lot more than I liked him in the other version I have seen, the 1993 one. He not as helpless. Or, at least, he didn't make you bang your head against the wall when he was helpless. And I liked Benedick eqaully well in both, although they were so different. I just really like his character, I guess. If I had to choose, maybe the 1993 movie Benedick over the English TV series Benedick. Cause he was just awesome. And since I think Keanu Reeves is awesome, I like the 1993 Don Jon. Cause Keanu Reeves is awesome. If you didn't catch it the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment