Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Shakespeare Mania Continues

Ok, so I just finished watching another episode of Shakespeare Retold, but this time it was Taming of the Shrew. I know most of the plots of the Shakespeare plays, but I didn't know this one, because from a very tender age, my mummy beat it into me that it was a rather sexist play. Which, is true. Sexist.

Anyway, I have never seen any other adaptions of it, except for that one movie, with Heath Ledger when he was young, aaah, Ten Things I Hate About You. Seen that. But in that, it isn't really like a taming. The girl wasn't even that mean, deep down. Shre just didn't like very many people.

But this, I liked the Shakespeare Retold. (I have already said this story is sexist, so don't think that just because I liked the episode means that I don't think it is sexist, because I do, it is highly sexist.) The girl who played Catherine was the same girl who played Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potters. I thought so, so I Googled it. (By the way, I heard they added the word google to the dictonary, as a verb, to look gor, or look up. Isn't that weird??) And, MAN, this Katherine, she SNARLED. It was scary. It was like the bad dogs on the Dog Whispherer (I watched a couple of those shows on the TV today by the way. That's why Caeser Millan comes to mind). Anyway, something else about Katherine, she was so tiny, that all the other characters seemed like different species. Like, compared to Bianca and her husband (who I still don't know the name of. Through the whole movie, never caught it.) she was a total, well, tiney person. But, I don't get why they kept saying she was ugly. I thought she was pretty when she wasn't bitting peoples heads off.

And, in the end I thought they made a very cute (but completely strange) couple.

Oh, and I felt bad for the Italian guy the whole time. He didn't even know the language. He was used.

I don't know, I liked it better than the Much Ado ABout Nothing I watched yesterday of Shakespeare Retold, except Taming of the Shrew is sexist, so that makes them equal. Well, Benedick was completely sexist, you know, before he fell for Beatrice. (Aww, they are such a cute awkward couple, Benedick and Beatrice...)

No comments: