Saturday, April 4, 2009
The PHANTOM of the Opera is dead!!!!! At least, that's what they seem to be singing....
I watched The Phantom of the Opera (2004). It is so good. Sometimes the plot doesn't seem to go together, for me at least, but it has such good music, and a fasinating and frankly addicting plot. I have seen the movie like four times since Thursday. In fact, the only song that I am not so okay with is the Phantom of the Opera song, with the funky techno beat in the background. What is up with that? And the song in the graveyard. It was beautiful, but dull after the first eighty minutes of the song. Oh, and the whole arms-that-move-with-candlesticks in the Phantom's tunnel, in the first kidnapping-of-Christine? They totally stole that from the French version of Beauty and the Beast that I watched last weekend!! I even blogged about that movie, yeah yeah, remember? Such a weird thing, that I JUST watched that movie made in the 40s, then seen a movie made 5 years ago that totally took that!! Amazing!!! Anywat, loved it. Favorite songs? I loved them all, but the Masquerade (know I butched THAT spelling), All I Ask of You (and the Phantom's bit of that song), The Point of No Return(though it was so sad when the Phantom started singing the lover's song back to Christine), and that song when the three of them are in the cave, Raoul, the Phantom, and Christine, and they all start singing the song Notes, but with different lyrics? Loved that. It was sad when the Phantom started singing the Masquerade song along with the music box thing. So childlike..... I really liked the movie. Oh, and The Music of the Night song? I liked that. It was one of those songs where I knew the entire tune, but had NO IDEA there were lyrics or where it was from or anything. Weird. But anyway!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment