I have had like the best Saturday ever. I watched movies ALLLL day. And didn't change out of my pajamas until like 6 of the clock. Hot dang if that don't beat all!
I watched:
The Island (2005)
It was actually pretty good. Got kinda haywired when Tom Lincoln and Lincoln met though. And those things? The Shoot-you-painfully-and-drag-you-back contraptions from heck? Scared me so bad. Freaky, that is. But the music in the end is so great. And I really liked that one guy, Djimon Hounsou's character, in the end.
Beauty and the Beast (1946)
This was great. Black-and-white, French with English subtitles. Really good. But I am the first to say that I find the who look-alike transformation in the end creepy and highly unsettling. But the rest? So so cool. Art.
Chocolat (2000)
I know I soung like a broken record, but yeah, this one was GREAT. That little girl, the daughter? So cute. And the little girl that Johnny Depp's character (isn't it pathetic, I never caught his name until the narrator said it in the very end and now I've gone and forgotten it) was so adorable, she looked like a little dear or something with those big eyes. I liked Johnny Depp's character. Anyway, this was a really great movie. All I wanted to do afterwards was eat chocolate. It was so great, with the mayor in the end and she gives him the drink and the priest singing Elvis and yeah. Gosh darn good movie.
Far and Away (1992 I think)
I can't exactly tell you WHY I liked it, only that I did, I loved it. You know how that is?
Execept in the end during the land grab it kinda saddened me. Who said it was there land to take? Free land.
And if you are wondering, I have started using the years when I talk about movies. I figure at the rate that Hollywood is turning out the movies, that soon there will be at least three of the same title movie running about. And it's just something I do now. Books too. I check the year the movie was made and the year the book was published.
Oh, and I also watched the Addams Family movie today on TV. The movie, and had Cristina Ricci I think her name is as Wednesday and Joan Cusack is trying to kill everyone because her parents didn't get her a Ballarina barbie (snicker).
I also spend the day listening to the Sweeney Todd Soundtrack. I am now hooked on that story. Weird combination of love, hate, gore, and pies. So strange, yet so likable. It's an unusual one to be sure. Good music. Probably never going to see the movie, WAAAY too bloody for my eyes.
Anyway, goodnight. Tired one I am. Oh! And remind me to tell you about the movie Push. Great, saw it in theaters probably a month ago.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment