Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Good Saturaday Indeed

Okay. I offically had like the best Saturaday ever.

I blew off all the work I had to do by Monday, completly ignored it, and watched three movies.

I first watched that movie Duplicity in theaters (probably didn't spell that right). It was a really good. They made a really cute couple, you know, Clive Owens and Julia Roberts. An odd one to be sure, but a cute one. They had major trust issues. But it was a good movie. I wish the ending had worked out a liiittle better in their favor though.

Then I watched Sleepless in Seattle. I had never seen that movie before. Tom Hanks always looks kinda odd to me though. I can never decide if I think he is good-looking or not. You know? It's weird. I thought it was cutish I guess. I have watched An Affair to Remember and I cqan never remember crying in it though. That was like my favorite scene in the whole movie though, when they are making fun of the woman by pretending to have cried over a war movie. Closly followed by the second place winner, the scene when they are repeating that line completly in sync with the movie, those two friends.

You know, I have noticed, I am starting to have trouble with that exact thing. Getting the characters in movies names. I will understand the whole plot and how the characters interact wiht one another but I won't know the character's names until the credits roll and then I'm like "Oh, THAT was her name. Got it." Weird, right?

But one movie I did NOT have that problem with was the thrid movie I watched today, it was Say Anything. I loved that movie. It was so good. I like John Cusack. Is it just me, or does it seem like he always plays those charaters, the ones that are really sweet guys but always freak the girl out by moving into "I love you" too fast? Like a dozen movies. Better Off Dead (the first girlfriend, not the French girl who was alos in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure), Must Love Dogs (which I have never seen, but from the trailers, it seemed like that was going on), and then this one! Well, only three movies, but STILL! Have you noticed he is also in a lot of movies with his sister, too? I mean, usually only small parts, but STILL. What is it, they were both in Sixteen Candles, then this movie, Say Anything, then in Martain Child. I remember because I have never seen that movie, and this is before I knew what the movie was about or who the heck Jean and John Cusack WERE, and I thought they were like married or something and worked on the same movie, and I thought how super akward that would be. But that was kinda a dumb thought because if they WERE married, of COURSE she would have kept her maiden name, that's what all actresses do. But anyway, back to the movie.

Say Anything, I liked that movie. That one thing, with Jimmy and the red head, well, that was kinda depressing but really funny at the same time, so I felt bad every time I started laughing. Eveyone had terrible parents in that movie, didn't they? Oh, oh, and that was so cute, Lloyd's nephew. Awwww..... I really like the end line though. Oh yeah. "No one thinks this will work." "Yep. And we have just told every sucess story." Or something adorable like that. I think that is every inch as cute as An Affair to Remember. Only, An Affair to Remember isn't cute. It's ROMANTIC.

Ahhhhh. I see.

No comments: