Monday, November 23, 2009

Brick: Pin, like something with milk and vodka

So this morning I watched a independent film called Brick.

Oh my gosh it was one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Seriously, I loved it! It was a totally film noir, and you know how rare those are these days! And Joseph Gordon-Levitt is one of my favorite actors. You know that Rian Johnson, the guy who wrote and directed The Brothers Bloom, one of my other all time favorite movies, wrote and directed this movie too! So I totally am inpressed with him now. He wrote and directed (wrote AND directed! directed AND wrote!) not one, but TWO of my favorite movies.

Anyway, watch it. Brick is awesome.

And I totally loved that kid. He was like ice-cold-perfect-for-film-noir protagonist and I loved him for it (totally-- liike Sam Spake, doesn't care around weapons ore anything), and I was inpressed with his punch for a skinny-bottom-o-food-chain dude, but it was sad cause in the ending he was still the one who had lost something. I mean, don't get me wrong, love it when in movies justice is served and all that good stuff, but it didn't make him sleep better at night. I would sleep worse, if I were him.

Poor guy.

Anyway, awesome movie. Watch it. Now.

No comments: