Friday, July 11, 2008

Double Indemnity- As in why movies are called good

Okay, so this movie has easily made my top ten half way through viewing it. It's called Double Indemnity, and I suggest you go out and rent NOW. Yes, go to your local BlockBuster now. It's an oldie, and black and white one, so if you are allergic to black and whites, your out of luck cause your missing a lot. This movie starts out kinda slow, but you CAN NOT look away until the end, 30 minutes in. I don't want to ruin it for potenital viewers out there, but I will say, A. that girl just CREEPS ME OUT and B. my favorite sence is in the end when Keyes (I think that's how you spell it) lights the man's cigarette.

You know, I think black and white movies have such a bad rep. Like one of my favorite movies is this thriller, called Green for Danger. It's really great, and like so scary, so good.....

So, right at this very moment, I am watching a movie, Mostly Martha, which is that movie, you know, Reservations Only, but in German. I tried to watch that movie, Reservations Only, but I couldn't get past the first 35 minutes, it was so terrible. Mostly Martha was the original version anyway, you know. It's ok, Mostly Martha is, but they're in a bit of a depresssing part, and I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. The little girl who is in it though, is so cute, only puppy dogs are cuter.

Some how, crazy people who take their anger out on food is funnier in German than in English.

No comments: