Ok, so movies movies, the magic of movies........ Movies are awesome, don't you agree? They are like, better than drugs or whatever. Cause not only do you forget your problems, but you stay sane, have fun with ANYONE, friends, parents, like everyone loves movies. Maybe not obessesed, but who doesn't love a good plot line?
So, I watched (in this order) The Matrix (on my iPod, over a couple of days of traveling), Drumline, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, An Affair to Remember, and America's Sweethearts. The Matrix I have watched before, but the rest were new. None of them have come out, you know, RECENTLY, but still. Oh, and in a hotel while traveling, I saw half of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, you know, the new one, the remake. And learned the coolest thing!! Well, maybe not cool, exactly, but pretty interesting. You know Jimmy Fox, or something Fox, the rich parent in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Veruca's dad, who gets thrown down the garbage shoot? He played in Thoroughly Modern Millie, the one with Julie Andrews? You know her boyfriend in the movie, Jimmy? SAME PERSON!!!!!!! AMAZING, right?!?? He's so old now!!!! I mean, Julie Andrews, you still see her around, so it's not, you know SHOCKING when you see her when she is old. But, he is completly unrecognizable!!! She still LOOKS the same, at least. (Thought you would like this Lara Lara, miss ya, lov ya)
Okay, back on track! The Matrix, of course, is AWESOME. I love it, I bought it especially for this trip. The Matrix, if you think about, is SO COOL on soooo many different levels. It has this really bad rep about being all teenage boy, violent and gory. ANd, yeah, I won't deny it, there is blood. Of course there's blood, it's rated R. I close my eyes for most of the shooting scenes, in fact. But when you think about all the mind stuff they talk about, you can think about it for hours. My favorite character in that movie (besides main character Neo, with Kenau Reeves, who is just cool anyway) (and Trinity is pretty cool too, I'll give her that) is that character Mouse (who I call Rat, cause he just looks more like a rat with his eyes and all). He looks so cool when he is in the Matrix, his eyes aren't so, umm, freaky. But the mind thing gets better with all 2nd and 3rd Matrix. They aren't as good as the first, but with trilogies, it's almost always that way. Pirates of the Carribean 1 is sooooo much better then 2 and 3 if you ask me. Lord of the Rings, the 2nd one is the best, but I', a little biased, cause Aragorn is my favorite character. Oh, and Matrix 2 and 3 it gets even bloodier, among other things, so definitly NOT recommended for children under like 13 and really not good for immature children. (Ok, I ran on.... But what can I say? Its like one of my favorite movies. I will probably write more about it soon.)
Drumline I saw next. It was about drumming, as you have probably guessed. The plot was..... terrible. The drumming scenes, I watched like over and over, cause I TOTALLY wish I could drum like that. But like after 20 minutes of the plot? I fastforwarded whenever they talked. The things these people could do with drumsticks though, it was great. They should form, like, a traveling preformance of them.
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, was, well, from the 80s, clearly. I guess I has a Kenau Reeves weekend, I guess, cause he is in this too. (He's Ted) It was really funny though, and I liked it, I laughed a lot!! But, not in liek the witty clever lines way though. It's great to watch with friends, not by yourself, kind of funny. And Kenau Reeves looked so YOUNG!!
An Affair to Remember is not like the the dirty 2008 thing you are probably thinking of though. Its a old movie, with Cary Grant (who I am a fan of) and whats-her-name, the red head from the King and I. Its in color, but, you know, when they weren't the biggest pros at color. And guess what happened?!??!! The last 4 minutes of the DVD where scratched!!!!!!!!!! It was like something out of a movie (hahaha, I make myself laugh)!!!! Like, why couldn't it have erased the "touching" scenes with the red head singing next to a piano?? Seriously??? I still havn't quite forgiven the DVD rental place. The BEST PART OF THE MOVIE was snatched from me!!! Oh, and the whole "affair" thing? Don't worry very PG. I don't think they even kiss the whole entire movie.
Now, America's Sweetheats, I liked. A lot. I thought it was cute. John Cusack looked like, 20 years younger than he does now. And this movie came out in 2001, people. He looks like 50 now, it seems. Hmm, maybe he does only serious movies now, and that's why. (Hahhaha, kidding, just kidding.) Oh, and Billy Crystal, who is in this? He co-wrote it. Isn't that cool? Huh, I wonder if he tried to give all the good lines to himself.
Oh, the ratings for these movies:
Matrix-R
Dumline- PG-13
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure-(not sure)
Affair to Remember-NR
America's Sweethearts-PG-13 (not for immature kids, people, please)
Okay, people, I'll shut up now. I promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OMIGAWSH!!!!!!! I think you might've gotten a little too carriend away miss queen of england. haha but im glad to see that ur still blogging. BTW thanx for the comment on my latest post that really made me feel good. ur awesome for that!! i give u five gold stars *****!! srry they arent gold but hey those dont come cheap u know! anyway i miss u SO much and things arent the same without u! well hav fun and ill talk to u l8er. Ciao bella!!!
yeah, yeah, but trust me, there is NOTHING to do here!! im suffocating!! and i meant every word i said and will say it again
love ya lara lara!!
DONT SUFFOCATE!!!!!! I need u here with me!! omigawsh that totally reminds me of a song ok hold on ill get u the link for it...haha found it! ok so the song is from the musical Rent. It's really mello srry no rock but it's SUPA good and it always hits home for me...(tear tear) i think im getting emotional give me a moment. jk im good ok so wuts cool is that i found the song with a twilight related video. i should stop typing so that u can see it for urself! ok well here u go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR0N279dJtA
ok enjoy! i miss u! ciao bella!! ( :
Thanx lara lara, i'll check it out!!
Post a Comment