So today I watched:
Beauty and the Beast
Hurcules
Double Life
I have actually never seen both of those Disney movies ever before (sheepish grin) I just fake my way with Disney software. Beasty and the Beast, you wouldn't beleive how little portraied characher developement there is. But, hey, what ever. Has a cool groundbreaking 360 ballroom dancing clip. I let character developement slid. But Hercules, WOW is it, umm, (how can I say this nicely?) SEXIST!!! Hello, wow, reeereee reeereee*, police on duty, has anyone else noticed, or am I alone? Just LISIN to some of her lines and you'll she what I mean. Its SAD.
*this was supposed to be a police siren
Double Life was about an actor slowly going crazy in the role of Otello. It was sorta-sorta. Oh, wait, no, let me correct myself: It was so-so. Haha, wow. Sorry. Ok, I guess. I think it was pretty ok, but, let's see, I can't really find out what I didn't really like about it. Ahh, I dunno, I think they could have paced the actoin better to make it more exciting or use better cuts to add suspence or something, cause it had a great plot, just they could have, well, I dunno, executed it better.
Oh, and I had some brilliant thoughts on the whole Gaslight's final scene: I think the director used the whole, I-won't-show-you-the-final-fight-between-bad-hubby-and-good-guy as a way to build suspence, or to show that it isn't about them. You get it? Huh, it kinda sounds better when it is, well, sound. Gaslight is a good movie. Watch it.
Later, I love you world!!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment