So, yesterday I watched The Maltese Falcon, which I highly recommend, it is so good. It's the Sam Spade one, and, let me tell you, this guy is cool. He like doesn't carry any guns around, but can always get out of these situations. It. Is. Awesome. It felt like, to me though, that the story had just only started when the movie ended though. Humphrey Bogart is the PERFECT Sam Spade. And it had that creepy actor, the one with the HUGGGGE roung eyes, that's in Casa Blanca and all those Looney Tunes make fun of him? That guy? He was in it too. So it was a good movie. Black and white, with the kind of priceless cimatography that you just don't SEE anymore in movies.
Also yesterday, I watched these German movie, with English subtitles, called The Tunnel. And, I just wish that more people could see this movie, let me tell you that. Ok, so it is about the Berlin Wall, and these people (who I never really learned all there names, so bear with me on the nicknames.) So, swimmer-man, he is separated from his sister, who he would absoulutly die for, when East Berlin and West Berlin are separated. His best friend (who I cleverly nicknamed Best Friend)and his wife got separated. So they get together a crew of man, and one girl, who wants to get her fiance out of there. They get together, and start to dig this huge tunnel from one side of Berlin to the other to get there loved ones back again. The swimmer guy, I really grew attached to him, he's a cool guy. Anyway, he was in prison before the wall was built, well, I'm not going to tell you the whole story. It was very sad when I left, I couldn't see anymore because everyone was dying and it was terrible and just completly heartbreaking. It was 2 hours and 45 minutes long, and I only made it through 1 hour and 42 minutes of it. I couldn't take it anymore. You have to know something about me, I don't cry that easily from physical pain. But movies and emotional stuff? I just connect to that stuff and can't block it out. I feel that person's pain, or more like, I can't even imagin what kind of pain that person is going through. But, anyway, I just wish more people could see this movie and realize what a terrible, terrible time it was for this people, and how completly heart breaking it was for everyone, all over Berlin. Do you think any of those young soliders ever got over that, the feeling that they had when they shot a man in his last attempt to see his children? Do you think that anyone who had a wife or a husband betray them and become an informant, do you think they ever got over that? The ones that were blackmailed? The ones that were in prison? Do you think that a single day passed when they didn't think about that? It is terrible, and sad, and I think that people should watch that movie and realize that we, as humans, should never ever let that king of pain befall any of our fellow humans. We should always remember that time so we can make sure that that kind of heartbreak doesn't happen again. This is a movie, yeah, and I don't know everything that happened in Berlin at the time, yeah, but no one can say that this kind of separation of families and friends and this kind of death toll didn't happen. And this isn't anchient history, no! This happened almost YESTERDAY.
And, I don't know if I mad sense when I was talking or if I said my whole mind. I just don't know what else to say.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
too bad bout john mayer..i like the one song i think it's called "I'm never speakin' up again". i dont know if that's the title but that's the phrase that's used a lot in the song. So The Tunnel eh? where did u get urhands on that one bec? so jus curious but wuts the latest song stuck in ur head? anyway i miss u and love u too death and ill c u l8er this month! ciao bella!!
P.S. u reading breaking dawn? (I AM!) <3
yes! i love that song too! i love u to death too, and i have any random Beatles song in my head. I know. My uncle, what can I say? see you soon! I love you!!!
Post a Comment