I went to the art museum with my Uncle this weekend and now love Japanese Prints. And Art Museums. Which is not a really bad vice, I am thinking.
My Favorites:
1. A picture of 5 Japanese women in stylish clothes with lots of patterns playing a chess-like game. The tab said it was like a fashion magazine in its time. Called "The Five Beauties of _____" I don't rember the place. But it was a good piece
2. The background was completly bright red, and it had a ghiesha (did I spell that right?) putting on make-up
3. This one had a women holding the hand of a child, walking across a bridge, and the water underneath was all detailed, but, you know, Japanese detailed, with that certain stlye
4. It was in a famous collection titled "A Hundred Views of Edo" and it had all of these hanging green vines over water and there was a bridge. It was all layered, and was very beautiful. My favorite out of all my favorites.
5. In the same collection "A Hundred Views of Edo" and it had a figure, a siolutte (I KNOW I didn't spell THAT right), behind a screen, with some fabric on the edge of the screen, and a window looking out on a city in the night with all these laturns. very cool piece.
6. Called "A Sudden Storm at the Temple" or something like that, and showed all these men and women running for cover from a temple or to a temple or somematt during a rain storm.
I really want to see it again, but I am home now and the art exibit moves August 31 or something, so probably not. But I can hope.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment